Assistant Teacher Resume Sample
This teaching assistant resume sample was written for someone changing careers to education. She is a new teacher with no experience.
We developed this resume using a functional format, which can be used for career changers or new teachers. A functional format places most of the emphasis of the resume on the applicant's skills and accomplishments and less on professional experience. So, for someone who lacks relevant assistant teaching job experience, this can be the best option for some job seekers. Learning more about different resume formats is helpful to decide what is best for your background and career objectives.
It's important to have a strong resume profile, as we wrote in this teacher's assistant resume, to create interview interest. Underneath her job target title is a tagline, "Dedicated to the safety and education of young children", which grabs the reader's attention. The professional profile details her related skills, educational philosophy, and ability to establish a positive rapport with all students, staff and parents.
Jenny, a mother, recently completed a certificate in Early Childhood Development and fulfilled a practical student requirement. Aside from this teacher related experience, she held part-time, non-relevant paid jobs. Because she has no experience teaching, her resume focuses only on the practicum experience she gained. Follow this hyperlink if you want an in-depth post on early childhood resume writing tips.
Her education and practical experience is showcased to make them stand out. Her practical work experience has been divided into three sections based on the skill the bullet point demonstrates. The three skill sets used are strong and relevant to be a teacher's assistant: accomplishments, planning and organizing, and parent communication and teamwork.
Incorporating a powerful testimonial or quote from her time as a student teacher helps to solidify what she can offer a school district. This teaching assistant resume uses color and an appropriate graphic to draw the reader's eye and focus his/her attention.
In this example of an assistant teacher resume we show Jenny's enthusiasm for education and compassion toward young children. It also has visually appealing formatting with an apple icon at the top left-corner, a striking border, and the use of shading and colored fonts to highlight certain sections.
View this teaching assistant resume in PDF format.
We have also designed an eye-catching application letter that effectively complements this assistant teacher resume sample, and prompts the reader to discover more about the job candidate.
Read in-depth resume formatting tips for educators to gain some modern ideas to enhance the format of your existing teacher resume.
While you are at the blog you can read about how to write a resume to attract more job interviews.
123 Assistant Lane • Always Close, TX 98755
Residence (780) 555-1212 • JennyA@123internet.org
~ Dedicated to the Safety and Education of Young Children ~
An enthusiastic, caring educator who believes that all children can learn and thrive in a learning environment that is stimulating, comforting, and appropriate to children's abilities. Commended for excellence in innovation, creativity, organization, and proactive talents. Exceptional ability to establish rapport with students and parents, based on outstanding communication skills.
"Jenny is an inspiration to the learning profession. Her enthusiasm, energy, and dedication are contagious. A wonderful student assistant and any school would benefit from her exceptional skills and attitude." - Eagle School District
Education and Training
Early Childhood Development Diploma, Mill College, Houston, TX – 2014
Abby's Children's Center, Practical Work, Houston, TX – 2014
Eagle School (Kindergarten), Houston, TX – 2014
St. John's First Aid, St Johns' Ambulance, Houston, TX -2015
Relevant Experience and Accomplishments
- Created a safe, comfortable, and fun atmosphere for children from the age of 6 months to 12 years.
- Taught self-help skills (feeding, dressing, toileting, personal hygiene).
- Demonstrated Patience and understanding while managing difficult children.
- Designed, developed, and implemented indoor and outdoor kindergarten activities and educational lessons.
Planning and organizing skills
- Arranged four daycare rooms to provide a full range of age-appropriate activities, to encourage children in advancing their social development.
- Created instructional materials and procedures consistent with individual learning, needs and behaviors.
- Implementing new activities from reading resource books to stimulate play, including children's police center and corn syrup painting.
- Maintained children's attention during group time by presenting material in a fun and exciting way.
- Planned and directed numerous field trips including "Crystal Lake," "Wendy's," "Leisure Center," and "Evergreen Park."
Parent Contact and Teamwork
- Fostered effective, ongoing communication with parents by providing verbal reports and written notes on children's daily activities.
- Collaborated with co-workers, supervisors, and parents to maintain a "partnership" environment.
Customer Service - Ricky, Always Close, TX 2009-2011
Clerical Assistant - Sears, Always Close, TX 2006-2009
Learn more about Candace Alstad-Davies by reviewing the about us page below. From that page, you can review testimonials and frequently asked questions.
Need some writing help making a stellar application letter, cover letter, resume or CV curriculum vitae?
Email Candace at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll-free at: 1-877-738-8052. I would enjoy chatting with you.