Elementary Teacher Resume Example
This elementary school teacher resume sample is outstanding! It highlights the teaching skills that Donna-Marie can bring to the school and its students. The format is visually appealing, concise, and to the point. These are all things that you want in an elementary teachers' resume to land an interview and a new job. If you are looking for resume writing ideas to write a resume for Kindergarten-Grade 6 teaching position this sample will give you some assistance on what to include and what to leave out.
We create many elementary teaching resumes; whether you are a new, experienced, or veteran teacher connect with us if you need help! All the elementary education resumes we write are unique to the individual and end up as excellent as this one. It's important to keep enough white space in the document to make the resume easy to read and to contribute to making the important points stand out.
It's important to utilize a variety of different formatting, such as bullet points, tables, headers, and paragraphs. These elements help the recruiter, school principal, or hiring manager to navigate the resume quickly, as most employers scan a resume in under 30 seconds.
This example is unique and includes a section for areas of proficiency, professional profile, and strengths, which immediately tell the readers: "This teacher is qualified; you must read on!" Donna-Marie's education and credentials are critical, which is why we also listed them on the first page. The resume objective clearly states that she is looking for a grade 1-2 elementary teaching job.
You will notice many relevant keywords critical to secure a teaching position, especially if the resume is scanned by the school division. It's important to include education keywords to your specific area of teaching because it will help your resume get scanned by the applicant tracking system or resume scanning software. This resume includes keywords such as: Individual Education Plans, Anecdotal Records, Character Education, and Guided Reading, among others.
The use of color in this resume makes this elementary teacher's skills stand out! The appealing shade of green draws the eye to Donna-Marie's core teaching skills, while the graphics in the header and large font for her name will not let the reader forget her name. Graphics are good to use in certain professions, and elementary teaching is one of them. It shows that you are the right type of person to teach young students by including a fun, bright, and teaching-related icon.
This elementary teacher resume sample is very easy to navigate and conveys all the skills and traits a hiring administrator is looking for.
On page two of this resume, we have continued with a diamond-shaped bullet point format. This may seem like a minimal feature, but it is one more element that makes Donna-Marie's job application document stand out from the competition.
The achievements listed next to each bullet point demonstrate her ability to promote reading, integrate technology, and actively engage students in the learning process. Achievements are the most important part of a resume, so make sure to include them in your elementary school teacher resume. Instead of just listing your duties and skills, accomplishments show what you have done for a school in the past, letting a potential school know what you can do for them in the future.
Achievements should follow the C.A.R. method: challenge, action, result. What was a challenge you faced, what actions did you take to solve it, and what was the result? For instance, in Donna-Marie's resume, one of her accomplishments is as follows: conceptualized, developed, and supervised student-run publishing center, publishing students' independent work through a wide range of mediums.
You will also notice that the second page has included a page header that contains her name and the page number. This is important, as all pages of your application should contain your name, and by including the page number, this ensures that your resume will remain intact with all pages included.
The last quarter of Donna-Marie's elementary resume demonstrates her commitment to career and professional development, community involvement, and once more, technology integration.
If you have a lot of professional development courses that you've completed, only list the most recent courses you've completed or the most pertinent to the position. As well, you will notice that the community involvement listed in Donna-Marie's resume is related to teaching. You don't need to list community involvement that is not related to teaching – especially if you are trying to save space on your resume.
This is an unforgettable education resume sample, which will ensure the reader comes back to it and offers the candidate a job interview.
You can also view the elementary teacher cover letter that complements this resume.
Read in-depth resume formatting tips for educators to gain some modern ideas to enhance the format of your existing teacher resume.
While you are at the blog you can read these additional relevant resume writing tips.
189 Christopher Drive g New York, NY 89054
firstname.lastname@example.org g 122-555-5559
Elementary School Teacher
~ 1st or 2nd Grade ~
- Dedicated, resourceful, and goal-driven professional educator with a solid commitment to the social and academic growth and development of every student.
- An accommodating and versatile individual with the talent to develop inspiring hands-on lessons that will capture a child's imagination and breed success.
- Aptitude to remain flexible, ensuring that every child's learning styles and abilities are addressed.
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills to foster meaningful relationships with students, staff, and parents.
Areas of Teaching Proficiency Include the Following:
- Assessment Tools
- Technology Integration
- Guided Reading
- Multidisciplinary Lesson Plans
- Literature Circle
- Student Motivation
- Writer's Workshop
- Parent-Teacher Communication
- Classroom Management
- Individualized Education Plans
- ELA & Social Studies Preparation
- Creative Lesson Planning
- Interdisciplinary Reading
Education & Qualifications
Bachelor of Arts (2002); Major: Elementary Education
Harding University, Searcy, AR - Dean's List; Kappa Delta Pi Honor Society
State of New York Teaching License
Professional Teaching Experience
Hoopman Elementary School – Ney York, NY 2005 - Present
Teacher (1st Grade)
Instruct 1st Grade curriculum, designing and developing programs to meet the academic, intellectual, and social needs of students. Instruct ELA, Math in Low- and Hi-level phases, Science, Social Studies, Technology, Current Events, and Character Education. Assess student performance through anecdotal records, student-teacher conferencing, peer evaluation, checklists, and student portfolios.
- Supported a balanced reading program through the implementation of writing and reading workshops.
- Conceptualized, developed, and supervised student-run publishing center, publishing student's independent work through a wide range of mediums.
- Integrated technology through the development of units that included computer literacy skills; adapted activities to meet the needs of individual learners.
- Employed kinaesthetic, visual, and auditory approach to make lessons interesting and interactive; utilized various mediums, modeling, and organized student-led group sharing.
- Actively engaged students in the learning process through the use of diverse manipulatives; employed literature, guest speakers, movies, fine arts, songs, and theatre production to encourage participation and allow students to take ownership of their learning.
- Enhanced student academic and social growth by using varied teaching strategies and techniques; included whole group, individual, small group, and teacher modeling to provide a solid academic foundation and positive attitude toward education.
- Fostered a sense of curiosity and a deeper understanding of varied subjects using thematic units within Math, Reading, Science, and Social Studies; developed themes on penguins, insects, bears, country, weather, holidays, books, and authors.
Trueville Public Schools – Trueville,NY 2002 - 2005
Introduction to Aesthetic Education – 2015
Four Epochs of the Lifespan – 2014
Teaching & Learning for the Classroom Professional – 2013
Series of CDI Empowering Teachers/Leadership Group - 2012
Children & Ourselves: Making Things, Making Room, Making a Difference – 2012
Professional Organizations & Community Initiatives
Secretary, Parent and Teacher Association 2010-2012
Member, International Reading Association - Current
Children's Choir Director – 2 Years / Worship Ministry Team – 10 Years
Individual Tutoring / Piano Instruction / Educational Book Club for Educators
Technical Integration & Proficiencies
Adobe (Acrobat, Dreamweaver, Illustrator, Photoshop) • Encarta Encyclopedia • SMART Boards
Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word, Publisher)
Google Earth • GoogleSites • Blackboard
Learn more about Candace Alstad-Davies by reviewing the about us page below. From that page, you can review testimonials and frequently asked questions.
Need some writing help making a stellar application letter, cover letter, resume or CV curriculum vitae?
Email Candace at email@example.com, or call toll-free at: 1-877-738-8052. I would enjoy chatting with you.