Educational Philosophy Statement Writing Tips for Teachers and Academics
Including one or two teacher or administrator philosophy statements in your education portfolio will dramatically increase interviews.
It is an excellent opportunity to let your personality, passion, values, and motivators shine through, which means you are marketing the authentic YOU.
We can help you with various other documents you may be asked to provide within your education portfolio or a document needed for a special situation or as an added job search marketing document.
Writing Different Statements for Leadership and Teaching Philosophies
Examples of academic philosophy statements we can help you write:
- Philosophy of Administration Leadership
- Teaching Philosophy
- Philosophy of Classroom Management
- Philosophy of Discipline and Behavior Management
- Philosophy of Online Teaching
- Philosophy of Digital Leadership
And numerous others – just ask. Other documents we can help with are personal statements, biography, autobiography, statement of purpose, and goal statements.
What is a Philosophy of Education Statement?
If you are brand new to the world of education, you may have little to no experience with writing one. The Teaching Center has a definition of a Teaching Philosophy Statement plus additional information that may be of interest.
A philosophy of education statement is an integral component of your education portfolio. Many job applicants are being asked to submit one with their resume and cover letter to further communicate the VALUE they can bring to a school or organization.
This statement helps communicate in writing how you have been purposeful about your teaching.
It enables you to communicate your goals as a teacher and illustrate how your teaching skills and concepts can be transformed into real classroom activities.
It highlights your perception of student learning and how you maximize it within your classroom.
A Philosophy of Education Statement can contain various points communicating your passion, personality, values and beliefs of teaching.
Write an Education Philosophy Statement by Analyzing These 8 Statements
- Why you decided to enter the education sector.
- How, you would you describe the benefits of a teacher.
- What style of teaching you use and why.
- How you wish to be remembered by your students, parents, and co-workers.
- Why you believe teaching is a rewarding profession.
- Which teaching strategies work to optimize students learning and development.
- How you feel that learning occurs.
- How your personal characteristics and approach to teaching impact on the learning and development of your students.
The writing of all types of educational philosophies must be reflective personal, engaging, and exceptionally easy to understand.
Write a Philosophy of Administration and Leadership Statement by Answering These Questions
- Why have you decided to pursue educational administration? Why do you want to be an educational leader?
- What are your career goals?
- What personal characteristics do you possess that would improve your prospects for success in this field? Is there a way to demonstrate these characteristics?
- What personal traits are required for effective school leadership?
- How do you wish to be remembered by your colleagues, students and parents?
- What is the difference between educational administration and educational leadership?
- What leadership skills do you possess?
- What are three of your biggest contributions you’ve made to your current school?
- What are your greatest strengths as an educator/educational leader?
- What style of leadership do you prefer and why?
- How do you build strong relationships with staff members, parents, and the school community?
Go deep into thought when answering these questions to ensure the proper content is targeted, engaging, concise, and effectively communicates your brand and uniqueness.
Another blog post that may be of interest is where I share tips on writing an educational leadership philosophy.
Include what sets you apart from others educational leaders in this narrative — this is why philosophy statements are needed in your career marketing portfolio. Review these fictionalized examples of an administration and leadership statements written by us.
You will be graded on grammar, spelling, and sentence structure, as well as on your beliefs about teaching and your style of teaching. It is critical to have a well-organized, thoughtful, and visually appealing document which gives a descriptive picture of you as an educator or administrator.
Using examples or metaphors can help when you are crafting your educational philosophy statements. Realize, also, that your thoughts will change over time to correspond to your developing beliefs, values, views, and approach to teaching. This means you philosophy will change over time.
If you are uncertain of where to begin when developing any or all of these documents, take a look at our comprehensive articles and blog posts for ideas, or, simply order one from us online.
Philosophy statements you need may need are priced individually or included in our resume packages.
Reach out to us for professional help writing your educational leadership resume or curriculum vitae CV.
Learn more about Candace, an academic resume writer with 16+ years of expertise helping educators and others to move their career forward. Review our resume and curriculum vitae CV services and packages.