Education Consultant Resume Sample
As an educational consultant, you need a resume, also referred to as a curriculum vitae (CV) to apply for potential job openings. We highlighted the leadership skills this candidate can bring to assist a school community. This resume example is unique and includes a list of core competencies, a profile, and strengths, which immediately show the reader that this education professional is qualified. The resume format or style encourages further review, as well as an offer for a job interview. Candace's education and credentials are critical, which is why we listed them on the first page. Testimonials are included to increase credibility and provide evidence to her relevant areas of strength or top-selling points.
Industry keywords and educational buzzwords are important to securing an education consultant position, especially if the resume is scanned by the applicant tracking systems. We've incorporated teaching and education leadership terms such as curriculum development, student assessments, classroom management techniques, and others. Any interviewer looking for an outstanding education consultant or teaching education leader would be happy to interview Candace.
The second page of this resume effectively demonstrates how she has helped teachers evolve and grow, while developing a love for learning and advancing their career. Candace is keen on researching to design and present modern workshops. She is knowledgeable in authentic assessments, policies and procedures, curriculum issues and providing one-on-one mentoring support to ensure all teachers reach their full potential.
Candace is also committed to professional development, so we have included a separate section listing the courses and workshops she has attended. We incorporated volunteer experience, which shows dedication to the local community. Candace's keyword-rich education consultant resume is sure to grab the attention of a hiring school administrator and encourage them to pick up the phone to arrange a job interview.
If you have a PDF viewer you can view a better image of this education consultant resume sample here.
See the education consultant application letter that complements this resume.
CANDACE SMITH, M.ED.
1234 Elm Street, West Chester, PA 19380
Phone: 555-330-8181 • Email: Candace.Smith@emailaddress.com
* Versatile consultant with five years of expertise as an Education Consultant and 10+ years as a Teacher.
* Collaborative teacher leader with a talent for working closely with parents to assess children's unique goals and needs and develop an exceptional program to accommodate them.
* Approachable educator who coordinates with federal, state, and local school officials to devise and implement policies and procedures, ensuring compliance.
* Self-directed instructor who develops creative workshops, manuals, and programs focusing on enhancing the skills and knowledge base of teachers and parents alike.
* Student-oriented teaching professional committed to helping all children reach their full potential.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
Curriculum Development ~ Implementation Strategies
Differentiated Instruction ~ Student Assessments & Reports
Student Discipline ~ Classroom Management Techniques
Student Motivation ~ Parent Communication & Involvement
EDUCATION & CREDENTIALS
Master of Education in Elementary Education
West Chester University, West Chester, PA, 2006
Bachelor of Education in Social Sciences
West Chester University, West Chester, PA, 2000
Pennsylvania Teaching Certification
ABC SCHOOL DISTRICT – WEST CHESTER, PA 2014 – 2016
Designed programs for in-service education of teaching personnel. Conferred with federal, state, and local school officials to develop curricula and establish guidelines for educational programs. Led workshops, committees, and conferences focusing on the intellectual, social, and physical welfare of students. Prepared manuals, guidelines, and reports on state educational policies and practices for distribution to school districts.
* Designed and presented comprehensive workshops for parents: Transitioning Between Grade Levels, Preparing Your Children for Middle School, and Education in the Home.
* Collaborated with educators to create effective instructional materials, teaching aids, and other related equipment to assist all types and levels of learners.
* Performed continual research on state-of-the-art teaching techniques. Presented new methods to instructors to help them enhance their skills.
THE SCHOOL DISTRICT – PITTSBURGH, PA 2011 – 2014
Planned and coordinated educational policies for elementary grades. Provided additional consultation in reading and writing. Researched age-appropriate literature and designed programs to effectively incorporate and instruct it. Conferred with professional groups to disseminate and receive input on best practices.
* Identified district-wide curriculum issues specific to special needs learners. Hired specialists and facilitated workshops for special education teachers to eliminate issues.
* Trained educators and administrators in new state policies, ensuring appropriate implementation and compliance.
* Created alterative and authentic assessments to help teachers gain a better understanding of students' needs, as well as adapt teaching methods to drive instruction.
ABC ELEMENTARY SCHOOL – PITTSBURGH, PA 2000 – 2011
Fifth Grade Teacher (2006-2011)
Taught an academically and socially diverse group of fifth grade students. Maintained a well-behaved and focused learning environment at all times.
* Implemented Fountas and Pinnell reading program to help all students jump a minimum of one reading level by year end.
* Utilized math manipulatives, engaging computer programs and websites, and provided individualized instruction to help significantly boost children's math scores.
Third Grade Teacher (2000-2006)
Instructed a diverse group of children including students with special needs and ESL learners. Cultivated a positive rapport with all students, ensuring they felt safe, confident, and motivated to learn.
* Pioneered a new technological program that actively engaged students and sparked their interest.
* Hosted an after-school peer support program, which focused on students helping one another with their studies, as well as tackling social problems and making new friends.
Special Education, 2015
Early Childhood Development, 2015
Assessments for English Language Learners, 2014
Challenging Gifted and Talented Learners, 2013
Engaging Parents and Families, 2013
Higher Education Consultants Association, Present
Volunteer, Soup Kitchen, 2009-Present
Volunteer, Habitat for Humanity, 2009-2014
Learn more about Candace Alstad-Davies by reviewing the about us page below. From that page, you can review testimonials and frequently asked questions.
Need some writing help making a stellar application letter, cover letter, resume or CV curriculum vitae?
Email Candace at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call toll-free at: 1-877-738-8052. I would enjoy chatting with you.