Resume / CV Writing Tips for Teachers and School Administrators
We provide extensive resume and CV curriculum vitae help for teachers, school administrators, educational leaders, higher education instructors and professors, and all other academic professionals in the educational field.
Browse through the enormous amount of free resume writing tips and strategies on our website and blog.
If DIY (do it yourself) resume and application writing isn’t for you – that great. For 16+ years, we have helped educators with every possible step of their job search. Go to our resume writing services pages.
Do any of the follow questions resonate with you?
- Are you a new teacher looking to enter the exciting world of education?
- Do you want to switch from corporate trainer to classroom teacher?
- Are you wishing to make a career transition to education from the private sector?
- Maybe you are already a seasoned educator looking for a promotion to school administrator or another educational leadership position?
- Perhaps you are teacher in North America eager to take on the challenge of teaching overseas?
- Are you excited about the possibility of advancing from classroom teacher to educational consultant or specialist?
- Maybe you want to switch grade level or subject matter?
- Are you a full-time teacher looking to move to another school district?
- Perhaps you want to transform your professional academic expertise into classroom expertise, i.e. a Professor of Biochemistry or a College Corrections Program Instructor?
Do You Need Education CV or Resume Writing Tips or Services? As an Academic Resume Writing Service, We Can Help!
When developing an eye-catching and interview-landing teacher resume, there are many aspects you must consider.
Don’t Forget These Key Questions When Writing Your Teacher Resume!
- Is my teaching skills and expertise represented in my resume in the best manner possible?
- Have I highlighted my modern professional development teacher skills and accomplishments effectively?
- Do I have other related skills to teaching or education that I haven’t uncovered yet?
- I know I’m an accomplished academic professional, but have I gotten that across to the reader?
- Have I made myself stand above the competition?
- Have I forgotten to include any of my exceptional educational achievements?
- Did I sell my uniqueness, passion, personality, and the value I can offer?
- Would I hire me by looking at your current teacher resume?
Below you will discover a number of effective articles focused on education resume writing tips, cover letter writing strategies, and the dos and don'ts of approaching a job interview.
You are guaranteed to find this resume writing information insightful and useful when writing your own teacher resume and cover letter. However, you only get one shot at landing your dream job, so why take the risk? If you want to make sure your resume ends up in the TO BE INTERVIEWED PILE, set your mind at ease and contact Candace by clicking here.
Your Academic Resume Is Just One Component to Your Education Job Search!
Have you considered other parts of the teaching job application process yet?
- Cover letters / application letters
- Philosophy of education statements
- Philosophy of leadership statements
- Job search strategies and methods
- Job interviewing techniques plus interview questions and answers
- Follow-up interviews and thank you letters
- Overcoming panel interviews and presenting a demo lesson plan
- LinkedIn profiles
A Powerful CV Curriculum Vitae or Resume Will Move Your Education Career Forward
Don’t underestimate the impact targeted academic resumes and CVs curriculum vitae make on job search success.
We can ensure your new strategically-designed teacher resume will optimize the impact to get results. The main part of the success of your resume is the education keywords that are incorporated into the document. Keywords get your resume placed in the "to be interviewed" pile. That's the pile we want your resume to end up in, and we hold nothing back, because your success is our success!
- Do you know what education keywords are?
- Do you know how to incorporate academic resume keywords properly, without overdoing it?
- Did you know the average reader only spends 15 seconds scanning your resume, and keywords are a large part of what they are looking for?
- We are EXPERTS when it comes to the keyword game!
If you order one of our packages or the complete resume rewrite service, we don't just re-arrange your old or existing resume, or add words here and there.
- Your resume will be developed from scratch — the only way to create a resume that will end your search quickly and successfully.
- We will translate your credentials, experience, education, skills, accomplishments, and career challenges in an honest and interview-winning way.
- We will take your standout credentials and traits, transpose them into your cover letter, and sell them in your other job application documents.
- We will also help you understand how to effectively portray and utilize your education and experience during your teacher interview.
A great deal of time has gone into constructing questions that will identify relevant accomplishments and skills, which will help to customize your resume for the position you want. By asking the right questions and being selective in what to include in your resume, we can help control and enhance your image.
This is what we do… every day!
Let us put our experience to work for you! We have helped thousands of clients from every region around the globe gain the confidence and opportunity needed to succeed. Our repeat customers and exceptional testimonials are proof-positive that our methods work, and our resumes will help put you on the right path to success!
Aside from a Top-Notch Resume Writing Service, We Offer
With 16 years of in-depth expertise in career development, we can help academic professionals in any position land the career of their dreams. Even though resume writing may seem like our main focus, we have MUCH MORE to offer!
We have been proven to be very successful at branching out within the job search field, particularly as it pertains to the world of education. We also love learning about new teaching techniques and innovative technology almost as much as you do! Let us put our passion for education, writing, and client success to work for you right away!
Why wait another moment to discover why A+ Resumes for Teachers is one of the most successful and sought after international resume writing companies.
- Knowledge of different formats of teacher resumes, teacher CV’s, school administrator resumes and CV’s. Also offer service to clients worldwide, including Canada, United States, Mexico, UK United Kingdom, Russia, Australia, India, France, Philippines, and every other country on planet Earth.
- Ability to develop consistent and matching teacher cover letters / educational letters of intent / instructional application letters. You don’t want to make teacher application letter mistakes that will cost you an interview.
- Track-record for designing thank you letters that ensure you are a memorable and well-received job candidate.
- Proven capability to design thought-provoking teaching philosophies, including philosophy of education statements that really sell educating the whole child, helping them develop a growth mindset, and building a safe and collegial learning environment for all students.
- Write skill-focused and accomplishment-based LinkedIn profiles proven to be searchable and attract the right attention.
- Talent for get teacher and administrator resumes, meaning clients’ applications to pass through the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS) and get their online searchable resume or CV to human eyes.
- Dedication to turning out quality, customized, unique documents quickly and without stress.
- A willingness to help with any questions or concerns you might have!
What Type of Educational Resume Are You Writing?
- Yes, we develop academic resumes for hundreds of classroom teachers and educational administrators each year, but did you know we create documents for the more unique positions as well?
- College adjunct professor resume
- Special education resume
- ESL English as a second language teacher resume
- Reading coach / specialist or teacher resume
- Literacy coach or specialist resume
- School counselor resume
- Corporate trainer resume
- International / overseas educator Resume
- New, first-year, beginning and student teacher resume
- Supply / substitute teacher resume
- Full-time coach resume
Have a Look at Our Numerous Helpful Educational Career Articles
On the left hand side of this page you will notice a list of our helpful resume writing articles that touch on almost any topic or question you could possibly have. There is a massive amount of information over at the blog.
You will find our career articles for educators thorough and thought-provoking, and help give you the confidence boost and edge you need over your job competition.
- Basic resume writing tips and cover letter writing strategies
- Advanced resume writing techniques to make your document POP!
- Philosophy of education statement writing tips and strategies
- How to decide what type of resume format to use – resume or CV? Chronological or functional?
- How to market your stellar education characteristics.
- How to make your teacher resume and teacher cover letter visually appealing.
- How to tackle tough topics in your teacher or administrator application letter.
- Methods for recession-proofing your job application documents.
- Educational leadership resume writing tips to showcase your areas of expertise.
- How to write a teacher resume to target it based on the school district’s needs.
- How to write a teacher application letter to appeal to the district’s mission statement or philosophy.
- How to identify teacher keywords and how to incorporate them in your documents.
- Techniques on how to properly write an administrator resume using action words.
- How to make sure your resume and cover letter are online-proof and pass through the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
- How to avoid resume blunders.
- How to avoid fluff and filler in your cover letter.
- Methods for uncovering hidden job opportunities.
- How to conduct a fruitful teacher job search.
- How to boost your self-confidence and motivation during a job search.
- Strategies for performing effective networking.
- How to ace your teacher job interview.
- How to succeed at a teacher career fair.
CV Curriculum Vitae and Resume Samples and Cover Letter Samples
- Teaching resume samples and teaching curriculum vitae examples
- Educational administrator resume samples and educational administrator curriculum vitae samples
- Higher education CV and resume samples and higher education CV samples
- College instructor resume samples and college professor curriculum vitae samples
- Adjunct professor resume samples and adjunct professor CV samples.
Other Educational Career Services
- Interview and career coaching
- LinkedIn profile writing
- Job Search techniques and assistance
Contact Candace if you have any questions. Find out more about Candace the owner of A+ Resumes for Teachers by her about page or call toll-free 1-877-738-8052