Interview Career Coaching and Preparation Service to Land the Perfect Job
I have helped thousands of teachers launch, change and advance their teaching careers. Like a good car mechanic, I pinpoint what is wrong with your interviewing style and help you repair it.
Are the following interviewing obstacles or issues stalling your teaching career?
- It appears I was the most qualified education candidate but I did not get a second interview.
- I'm struggling to break into special education teaching and I'm not being offered interviews.
- I must be doing something wrong. I always get in the door but never past the second or third interview.
- I stumble when I am asked to explain my two-year work gap.
- After several job rejections, I have lost my confidence in interviews.
- On the 'What is your biggest weakness?' question, my interviews end.
Your goal is to get job offers. My job is to help you become a skilled, confident interviewee, which will significantly increase the number of job offers you receive.
Career Coaching will Help You Land Educational Career Opportunities and Excellent Job Offers
I Know What It Takes – To Get Hired!
When you walk into an educational job interview for the ideal position you will have about 20 – 45 minutes to sell your value to the school district. Your answers to interview questions are critical – they need to be clear, concise, and relevant.
Rambling, pausing for too long, fidgeting, looking around the room instead of at the interviewer, are all signs of an unprepared job candidate.
Instead, why not master how to confidently answer even difficult interview questions, with poise and confidence.
Practice interviewing techniques with Candace, owner of A+ Resumes for Teachers to Land a Job Offer Quicker.
- Engage in mock interviews simulating a real interview environment to acquire confidence in interviews.
- Prepare behavioral strategies to explain how you would act in hypothetical classroom situations.
- Learn to confidently express your relevant skills and values and communicate how they will add practical value to an educational environment.
- Dynamically match your skills, experience, and accomplishments relevant to the job requirements.
- Receive feedback in real time to adjust your answers and strategy as errors are revealed.
- Uncover and communicate relevant accomplishments to provide evidence in the form of past success stories.
Candace Alstad-Davies is an expert in interviewing in the education sector. She has successfully coached thousands of education professionals.
The range of clients she has coached is vast. The list includes experienced teachers, new teachers with no experience, teacher assistants, school principals, superintendents, higher education instructors, and clients transitioning from the business sector to education. Well we could go on and on with different job titles she has coached.
Candace's clients have developed the confidence to tackle and overcome any tough or awkward interview questions. They walk into an interview panel with their head held high knowing what to expect and how to communicate their value to the school community to generate a job offer.
Candace has earned numerous certifications: Certified Employment Interview Professional, Certified Electronic Career Coach, and Associate Certified Career Coach, dual certifications in resume writing.
A One-on-one Customized Coaching Session will Help You:
- Discover and communicate your unique selling points and stand out from the other candidates.
- Learn how to control the interview through effectively communicating your "relevant" educational expertise, skills, and accomplishments.
"I Don't Live Close To You - How do You Prepare Me?"
Very easily! Candace does interview coaching via phone or Skype. It has worked wonderfully for 16 years. You decide when it would be convenient for you and a time is set. Don't worry about long distance charges, Candace will be calling you at the agreed upon time.
How Do You Coach Me to Interview with Style and Confidence?
A series of tough questions is prepared specifically for you; they may be generalized, resume-based, situational, behavioral, or to find out how you handle stress. Many teacher interviews are based on role-playing or hypothetical situations.
After you answer a question, Candace offers assistance by brainstorming on how you could have answered more effectively and why. Why is important, because many questions have the same underlying purpose.
"Your interview coaching was extremely helpful. I interviewed today, at ABC School District, it went really great. I felt so confident and the words came out of my mouth the way they were suppose to. You have given me some great advice that I will be able to use throughout my career. You are a very knowledgeable and thoughtful person. I will recommend you to anyone who needs help with their career. Once again, thanks."
Brian H. Athletic Director
Some clients have specific concerns they need help addressing, such as:
- Why were you fired from your last position?
- Why does your resume show you have been out of work for two years?
Sample Interview Questions You Can Practice and Brainstorm Responses
Examples of general interview questions:
- Tell me about yourself?
- What are your greatest strengths? Hint, you NEED to be able to back these up with examples, stories – it's called evidence and will build your credibility.
- What is your biggest weakest? Or name an area you need to improve?
- What can you bring to our school district that another applicant will not?
- What have you learned from your career mistakes?
Examples of student-centered interview questions:
- What opportunities would you take to present students with extra help?
- How do you maintain student discipline?
- How do you develop a good student-teacher relationship?
Examples of curriculum, instruction, and assessment interview questions:
- Could you describe your teaching style?
- Convey the physical appearance of the ideal classroom.
- Illustrate how you develop a lesson plan.
Examples of community and parents' interview questions:
- Describe how you would get parents involved in the learning process?
- How do you communicate to a parent how well a student is performing?
Examples of hypothetical interview questions:
- You disagree with the principal's method of dealing with a situation – what would you do?
- A parent is furious with you after a parent/teacher interview–what would you do?
- The interview begins the moment the phone rings for the interview. Present yourself in a confident, mature, professional manner at all times.
Candace would enjoy helping you move your career forward. You can purchase interview coaching as a separate service or choose a package and save money.
Have questions, please connect, send an email to Candace or call toll-free at 1 877 738-8052. I would enjoy chatting with you.
I had my interview today with the two administrators, it went really well. I used the list of strengths that you gave me for their first question and did not look back. Question after question, i did well and provided clear answers.
Towards the end, it lightened up so much, they were both laughing with me and I was giving them advice on curriculum and starting a new school. They were happy to talk to me and that I was very interested in their school. They said, "We'll see you in Bangkok at the fair, but we will be willing to offer contracts before the fair." I hope they call me this week!
Thanks again, so much, you have instilled a wealth of confidence in me as a person and an educator. May you enjoy the blessings from the fruit of your service to others this Holiday Season.
***More Success Stories***
Sign up here to receive our free newsletter. A+ Career Curriculum is full of education career related tips and advice delivered to your email box bi-weekly.
Looking forward to working with you in the future,
Candace Alstad-Davies ACCC, CRW, CIC, CPRW, CEIP, CECC
Find out more about Candace here.
Please take the time review our straight-forward Terms of Service Agreement.
You can also review Candace Alstad-Davies https://linkedin.com/in/candacealstaddavies/ LinkedIn profile to see the hundreds of recommendations. Well you're there please click to connect with her and stay up-to-date on education career news.
If you need more information or prefer to talk to us before ordering then Contact Candace Alstad-Davies Toll Free at 877-738-8052 or mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org