How to write a cover letter, a.k.a. letter of application for a teacher, and convince the reader to move on to your resume, ultimately landing a job interview. To help you, I’ve assembled hard-hitting excerpts from application letters for teaching positions.
Use your academic cover letter to introduce yourself as a professional educator, highlight your hands-on teaching experience, demonstrate your talents and skills, and portray your unwavering commitment to education. These various teacher application letters’ selections include individuals focusing on elementary education, special education, substitute teaching, and school administration.
A cover letter for a teaching position should be designed and written to showcase your greatest strengths as an educator. Display concrete examples of how you have actively engaged students, implemented creative lesson plans, and differentiated instruction.
Below you will find excerpts from the various sections that make up the sample application letters for teacher positions: introduction, body, and conclusion (or concluding paragraph). Remember that your letter’s structure is important: it should contain an introductory paragraph, one or two body paragraphs, and a concluding paragraph.
Sample Applicant Letters – Three Introduction Paragraphs
- It is with great pleasure to present my resume to you for a Special Education Teacher position with ABC School District. I have earned a Bachelor of Education in Elementary Education and Florida Teaching Certification. As a hardworking and dedicated teaching professional, I am confident in my ability to become a valuable member of your academic team.
- I am excited to present my well-rounded resume to you for the position of Elementary School Teacher. With a Master’s Degree in Education and 12 years of teaching expertise, I am confident in my ability to be an asset to your exceptional teaching team.
- With over ten years of hands-on teaching experience in the classroom, a Master of Art in Teaching Degree, and an Administrative Credential, I am eager to transition into Assistant Principal’s leadership role. My enclosed resume will demonstrate my commitment to education, excellent leadership skills, and my passion for academics.
Six Examples of Sentences in an Application Letter Body for a Teaching Position
- The enclosed resume will highlight my career accomplishments and showcase my expertise in education. I have had the opportunity to instruct a diverse student population, including those with ADD/ADHD, autism, developmental delays, learning disabilities, non-compliant behavior, and physical challenges. As a result, I possess the ability to remain calm, patient, and persistent. I administer frequent assessments, communicate regularly with parents, and adapt instructional techniques to facilitate students’ changing goals and needs.
- Being a versatile educator, I have had the wonderful opportunity to teach an academically and socially diverse group of children from grades one to five. I have developed excellent communication, interpersonal, organization, and problem-solving skills, which enable me to teach any elementary grade level effectively. I have proven my ability to adapt quickly to a changing student population while maintaining a well-behaved and focused learning environment.
- My teaching style is very flexible and student-focused. I take the time to get to know my students as individuals, which allows me to tailor my instruction according to their unique learning goals. I design adaptable lesson plans, exciting hands-on activities, and engaging thematic units to spark students’ interest, attention, and imagination.
- I facilitate student learning by developing innovative lessons that students can find relatable, understandable, and memorable. I utilize strategies centered on the latest research-based instruction to incorporate engaging activities effectively and relevant materials that capture my students’ interest.
- By integrating exciting technology, meaningful manipulatives, and cooperative learning projects, I have provided students with a well-balanced educational experience, which promoted academic, social, cognitive, and physical development.
- My greatest strength as an educator is my capability to engage the class actively. By incorporating up-to-date technology, appropriate literature, and meaningful thematic units, I can effectively facilitate all learners’ types and levels while sparking their interest in education.
Three Examples of a Conclusion Found in Sample Application Letters for Teacher Postings
- Being a very innovative and dedicated educator, I welcome the opportunity to meet with you to discuss how my extensive experience and skills will benefit your academic program. Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
- As a collaborative and student-focused teacher, I welcome the chance to discuss how my expertise, skillset, and passion will be of value to your academic program. Thank you for your time and attention, and I look forward to speaking with you soon.
- I am a resourceful, dedicated, and determined instructor who is willing to lead extracurricular activities. As such, I am confident you will find me to be a valuable member of your team. I can be reached by either telephone or email and welcome the opportunity to speak with you further.
With these examples, you will now have a great starting point from developing your academic application letter or cover letter. Use these example sentences to help you write a compelling letter that will get school districts’ attention.
Below you can view an application letter sample for an Education Consultant. It will provide you with a full version of how the letter should be written and formatted.
I hope you enjoyed these sample application letter excerpts. You can review full versions of various sample cover letters for teachers or school administrators on our website.
Whether you are writing a new teacher resume or an educational leadership resume, make sure the font and design match the application letter.
Do you need assistance with writing your academic resume or application letter?
As a professional resume writer who earned dual certification in resume writing, I know what it takes to grab potential schools’ attention.
When it comes to your future educational career, seeking out a career coach’s help is always a great idea.
We can help you with your teacher cover letter, resume, LinkedIn profile, interviewing skills, and numerous other services. Find out more about Candace Alstad – Davies.
Feel free to contact me or call 1-877-738-8052 to speak to me directly.