With the ever-increasing development of technology, some teachers don’t have the right knowledge and training to successfully integrate technology to improve the learning experience of their students.
Many educators are exerting an enormous amount of time and effort to learn how to use technology and make it a useful tool to enhance the learning power of students and make their classrooms an exciting place to learn.
Ideas to Keep Current with Technology:
1. As an educator, you have an essential role in preparing students to assertively enter the new era of global communication and innovative technological development. Read current books about the technology you want to introduce in your classroom and learn how to integrate these technologies.
2. Take time to learn the current applications and program software used for classroom learning. Benefit from the abundance of resources on the internet to help guide you in finding and developing the knowledge you need.
3. Create a list of the aspects and the main areas in your classroom resources you want to improve. If you’re going to keep up with them, you need to develop a learning environment appropriately equipped to make the integration successful.
4. Take advantage of social media platforms like Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook to expand the learning experiences of your students. Don’t restrict education to the four walls of the classroom, but when teaching social media, safety is of utmost importance.
5. The growing interest of people, particularly students, in the popularity of social networking sites, iPhones, computer educational games, and the like is an excellent aspect of learning you can exploit if you want to be at par with the technological development happening all around you and maintain student interest.
6. But before you sign up to any social media platforms, you must first assess the capability of your classroom to host such changes as well as your proficiency in using computers or browsing the internet. Having access to technological gadgets like webcams, headsets, computers, and an internet connection will help immensely.
7. Always keep yourself up to date with the latest equipment innovations and applications to take advantage of it in your teaching.
Most students today are technologically active, and they might know a thing or two more than you do. Keep on par with your students if you want to introduce communication technology in your classes. At the same time, don’t be afraid to ask your students some questions.
8. Whenever you are free, take the time to learn more about the technological developments happening around you. Browse for newly introduced online services or gadgets to determine if they should be integrated into your teaching.
9. Be creative and do not focus yourself on a single technological advancement like the internet. There are other ways you can keep up with technological developments, and you should try to explore these options.
10. If you are not confident with your skills in integrating technology into the classroom, undergo training and skill development. There are many technology-related professional development courses you can take that are either broad, as in “integrating technology in the classroom” or are specified to a particular technology, like “SMART Boards.”
What are some ways you integrate technology into your classroom?
Check out this guide 50 Ways to Integrate Technology in the Classroom for ways to integrate technology in the classroom. Or visit the A+ Resumes for Teachers’ Store to review the other guides available.