Here are some top teacher job search tips you can use to prepare for a teacher job fair:
Research the school districts that will be present. Before you even head out to a teacher job fair make a list of the districts that interest you and conduct some research to learn critical points about each one. Once you have pinpointed the districts make sure you know what they are looking for in a new teacher and what kind of skills and credentials are desired.
What do you want out of the teacher job fair? The next step in getting ready for a teaching job fair is to prepare appropriately, so you walk in with a lot of confidence.
First of all, you should answer the following questions:
• Are you just going to see what kinds of opportunities are available in the current teacher job market?
• Are you seriously considering applying for a teaching job?
• Are you a good candidate for the jobs you are looking for? [click to continue…]
Going to a teacher job fair is just like going to an interview, only you will be seeing several schools instead of just one. Once you have arrived at a teacher job fair, the first thing a school will notice is how you present yourself. Here are a few tips to follow.
• Dress appropriately: You need to treat a job fair like a job interview in terms of dress. You do not have to dress in strictly business attire. Use taste and dress business casual. For men, a pair of slacks and a collared shirt will suffice. For women the attire should be something as neat and simple as a nice blouse and skirt. Stay away from anything too short, too tight or too revealing. Dress like you would to teach.
• Have Copies of Your Resume Ready: Make sure you have an appropriate folder or briefcase that contains copies of your up to date resume, your cover letter, references, and contact information. You should also have a pen and paper to take notes when needed. [click to continue…]
A teacher job fair is a function where several schools from different districts come together to scout for new teachers. In such an event, potential teachers receive the chance to showcase their skills and distribute their resumes to different schools. You also get a chance to network with other teachers at the fair. Those teachers who are able to make an impression are the ones who are hired. However, a teacher job fair can be a nerve wrecking task because you meet many teachers at the fair and all of them are looking for the same thing: A teaching job! You, therefore, can become intimidated and feel like you do not stand a chance. The following are tips to help you make a great impression at a teacher job fair.